The luxuriously designed OPTIZEN Alpha is a spectrophotometer that uses double-beam method.
OPTIZEN Alpha can measure the transmittance or absorbance at each wavelength of a sample in ultraviolet and visible light bands to determine the quantitative characteristics such as concentration and purity.
OPTIZEN Alpha, which can be used widely from general analytical experiments to professional research fields, guarantees accurate measurement and excellent reproducibility and provides reliable results in various fields such as the environment, biotechnology, and chemistry.
The previous single beam type spectrophotometer has a weak point of error occurrence in measuring a sample, because of the movement of a light source by time lag in measuring the strength of between a reference light and a light from sample. To solve the problem, OPTIZEN Alpha was designed as a double-beam type spectrophotometer. The system utilizes an additional reference beam to improve the measurement performance by compensating the intensity fluctuation of its light source.
All functions of existing PC software are installed in OPTIZEN Alpha, making it faster and more convenient.
Fast and flexible software delivers the best result with analytical speeds up to 1.5 times that of existing products.
Quick services are available as OPTIZEN Alpha is made in Korea from design conception to manufacturing based on the unique technology of K LAB Co., Ltd.
OPTIZEN Alpha is designed for high-precision/high-resolution measurement in widebands from ultraviolet to visible light and can be used in various applications.
Compact OPTIZEN Alpha enhances the efficiency of the experimental space.
Now, you can enjoy a greater level of pleasure with a sensuous design.
- A world-class measurement performance
- Wide-size color screen (ALPHA: 8”)
- Various cell compatibility and fast cell type choice
- Automatic measurement of lots of samples by equipping multi-cell.
- Convenient voice service and volume control
Modes for Measurement
This mode allows you to measure the absorbance and concentration of a sample at a specific wavelength.
This mode allows you to quantitatively analyze a sample using the calibration curve.
This mode allows you to acquire the absorption or transmission spectrum in the desired wavelength band.
This mode allows you to measure the absorbance or transmittance of a sample over time.
- In this mode, the absorbance (Abs) (or transmittance (%T)) at a specific wavelength can be easily measured.
- The factor (K) value can be set to allow a simple quantitative test (C = K × A) on a sample to be performed making it possible for absorbance (Abs) measurement.
- Up to 8 wavelengths can be set, and the absorbance at each wavelength is measured automatically.
- Automatic analysis for up to 7 samples is possible using the multi-cell holder.
- It is a mode that can measure and manage the calibration curve by utilizing the multi-cell holder.
- Quantitative analysis for a sample of interest can be performed using a calibration curve made by up to 7 concentrations of the sample.
- Four types of calibration curves including linear (zero-crossing), linear, quadratic, and cubic types are provided.
- Accurate calibration curve can be created with the values measured repeatedly for a maximum of 5 times.
- This mode allows the user to check the spectrum of the desired wavelength band.
- Absorbance (Abs) and transmittance (%T) data can be switched using a shortcut key.
- Automatic spectrum analysis for up to 7 samples (excluding the reference sample) is possible.
- This mode includes the functions to zoom in the section and to find the Peak/Valley location of the spectrum.
- This mode allows the user to check the change in absorbance(or transmittance) over time at a specific wavelength.
- This mode is measured at regular intervals, and the minimum interval that can be set is for 1 second.
- This mode’s progresses during the measurement is displayed, and 24-hour measurement is possible.
- The changes in the absorbance of 7 samples can be obtained automatically.
OPTIZEN View, PC-Interface software of OPTIZEN Series, enables the user to
check and control the result of sample measurement in real time in Windows® environment and facilitate the general management related to the device and the measurement.
|Photometrics System||Double-beam type|
|Monochromator||Czerny-Turner type with 1200 lines/nm blazed grating|
|Light Source||WI lamp / D2 lamp|
|Lamp interchange Wavelength||340~410 nm (Default 370 nm)|
|RMS noise||Less than 0.00005 Abs (700 nm)|
|Spectral Bandwidth||1.0 nm (190 to 1100 nm)|
|Wavelength Range||190 to 1100 nm|
|Wavelength Display(Setting)||0.05 nm|
|Wavelength Accuracy||±0.3 nm (For entire range)
±0.1 nm (656.1 nm)
|Wavelength Repeatability||<± 0.1 nm|
|Wavelength Slew Rate||Approx. 25,000 nm/min|
|Scanning Speed(Max)||6,000 nm/min|
|Photometric Range||Absorbance : -4 to 4 A
Transmittance : 0 % to 400 %
|Photometric Accuracy||±0.002 Abs at 0.5 Abs
±0.004 Abs at 1.0 Abs
±0.006Abs at 2.0Abs
(NIST930D/NIST1930 or equivalent)
|Photometric repeatability||Less than ± 0.0002 at 0.5 Abs
Less than ± 0.0006 at 1.0 Abs
Less than ± 0.0010 at 2.0 Abs
|Baseline stability||Less than 0.0003 Abs/hr
(700 nm, one hour after light source turned ON)
|Baseline flatness||<± 0.0005 A
(1,100 to 190 nm, one hour after light source turned ON)
|Environmental requirements||Temperature: 15 °C to 35 °C
Humidity: 30 % to 80 %
|Stray light||Less than 1.00 %(198 nm KCl)
Less than 0.05 %(220 nm NaI)
Less than 0.05 %(340 nm NaNO2)
|RMS noise||Less than 0.00005 Abs (700 nm)|
|Standard cell Holder||Automatic Rotary type 8-position Multi-Cell Holder|
|Operating system(OS)||Windows 10 (Embedded PC)|
|Display||8-inch color LCD with touch screen|
|Control Options||Onboard with built-in touchscreen
Computer (OPTIZEN View)
|Power Requirement||AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 140 VA|
|Dimensions(W*D*H)||520 mm * 500 mm * 200 mm|
|PC Software||(optional) OPTIZEN View for Windows®
(optional) OPTIZEN Secure™